12/25/10

TOM FORD + JULIA RESTOIN ROITFELD





TOM FORD + JULIA RESTOIN ROITFELD FOR V MAGAZINE

TOM FORD’S TRIUMPHANT RETURN TO FASHION COMMUNICATES A SIMPLE MESSAGE: ICONIC WOMEN IN ICONIC CLOTHES. JULIA RESTOIN ROITFELD SLIPS INTO FORD’S HIGH-GLAM SPRING COLLECTION FOR A SERIES OF SELF-PORTRAITS AND A CONVERSATION WITH THE DESIGNER HIMSELF

HE SPEAKS WITH ROITFELD ABOUT THE INSPIRATION AND THE WOMEN

JULIA RESTOIN ROITFELD What made you decide that this was the season to return to fashion?
TOM FORD I told myself that I would not come back to 
women’s fashion until I felt I had something new to say. I feel that fashion has become too serious and that the actual customer’s needs have not really been addressed. Fashion needs to make one happy. It is a luxury and should enhance one’s quality of life.JRR What inspired your collection?
TF Real clothes for real women. I want to concentrate on my real customer. That’s why I showed idealized versions of her—different women of different ages. It was about individuality, different body types, women who have their own style.



FOR MORE.. . VMAGAZINE.COM



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

THE MUST + IT

My photo
THIS ENTIRE SITE Ⓒ THE MUST AND IT ( THE MUST + IT). ALL OF THE PHOTOGRAPHS HEREIN, UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ARE COPYRIGHTED BY THE PHOTOGRAPHER. NO PART OF THIS SITE, OR ANY OF THE CONTENT CONTAINED HEREIN, MAY BE USED OR REPRODUCED IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSION OF THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER(S).

CONTACT

INSTAGRAM.COM/THEMUSTANDIT
@THEMUSTANDIT-TWITTER
THEMUSTANDIT@HOTMAIL.COM
THE MUST + IT - FACEBOOK GROUP
HTTP://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/FIDELDANIELMATOS
FIDELDANIEL_MV@HOTMAIL.COM
INSTAGRAM.COM/FIDELMATOS