NYFW FALL '12 + ALEXANDER WANG
Forget the references to NASCAR racing, BMX biking, and sports in his spring collection. Put aside categorizing perceptions about young, hip, contemporary wear. This fall, Alexander Wang broke out of any boundaries that might relegate him to the notional status of a junior-league champion of a fashion subset. His show on Saturday was a breakthrough: a collection with all the distinctions of proper, strong, and innovative design on a level of maturity which had the audience craning forward, engaged and curious from first look to last.
SARAH MOWER - VOGUE.COM
NYFW FALL '12 + ALTUZARRA
“It was really about mixing it,” declared Joseph Altuzarra backstage at his commanding show. Fashion fusion chez Altuzarra meant throwing together elements as disparate as chic forties Parisiennes (think Robert Bresson’s 1945Les dames du Bois de Boulogne), the dandy swagger of the well-traveled Italian comic-strip hero Corto Maltese (think nineteenth-century naval coats and matelot pants), ethnic touches like the wonky geometry of Moroccan Berber carpets (dozens of which, laid in joyous patchworks, decorated his atmospheric show space), and Indian hippie-market coin embroidery.
HAMISH BOWLES - VOGUE.COM
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (226)
- MFW FALL '12 + PRADA
- MFW FALL '12 + GUCCI
- LFW FALL '12 + STELLA MCCARTNEY
- LFW FALL '12 + CHRISTOPHER KANE
- LFW FALL '12 + BURBERRY PRORSUM
- SH*T FASHION GIRLS SAY....
- NYFW FALL '12 + THE ROW
- NYFW FALL '12 + VICTORIA BECKHAM
- NYFW FALL '12 + ALEXANDER WANG
- NYFW FALL '12 + ALTUZARRA
- NYFW FALL '12 + PETER SOM
- NYFW FALL '12 + JASON WU
- NYFW FALL '12 + PRABAL GURUNG
- PRADA + SS'12 WOMEN'S ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN
- MUSIC + FASHION
- LINDA EVANGELISTA + LOVE MAGAZINE
- ▼ February (16)
- ► 2011 (372)
THE MUST + IT
- THE MUST AND IT
- THIS ENTIRE SITE Ⓒ THE MUST AND IT ( THE MUST + IT). ALL OF THE PHOTOGRAPHS HEREIN, UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ARE COPYRIGHTED BY THE PHOTOGRAPHER. NO PART OF THIS SITE, OR ANY OF THE CONTENT CONTAINED HEREIN, MAY BE USED OR REPRODUCED IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSION OF THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER(S).